News: Elemer Nyiry 1938 ~ 2009
As you may, or may not know, Elemer Laszlo Attila Nyiry died earlier this year.
Elemer had been unwell for a short time, and suddenly on the afternoon of Sunday 29th March he collapsed and, despite an ambulance arriving within minutes, died on the way to hospital.
A website has been established in his name; here are just a few of the many comments:
- 'Elemer was a man of integrity, of high ideals and of principles' Lionel Friedberg Los Angeles
- 'Our industry lost a great man' Marc Galerne France
- 'Elemer will continue to live in my memories as one of the kindest, most helpful and interesting people I ever knew' Nico England
- 'Elemer is an inspiration to the many people who’s lives he touched' Allan Fyfe England
- 'He will leave behind him a blazing trail of lighting, power and accessories, all of which have and will help the rest of us make great films and television; for a long, long time' Brian Rose
- 'His outstanding technical abilities were more than most could dream of, and the industry will be a smaller, sadder place without him' Mike Perry England
- 'Over the years Elemer always took the time to explain the technology behind your new pieces of equipment, in words that a cameraman with little engineering background could understand, and was a joy to chat to and be with. I’ll miss him' Dudley England
- 'Elemer [was] ready to show you the latest fabulous gadgets that he and his team had dreamed up ..... [he] was certainly one of this worlds nice blokes and a brilliant engineer who would listen with polite interest no matter how daft my ideas were.' John Rossetti London
Elemer Nyir Memorial Website