Join the STLD
About the society
- The Society provides a forum that stimulates a free exchange of ideas in all aspects of the television profession.
- It promotes discussion on techniques and on the use and design of equipment.
- The Society aims to help and encourage the training and assistance of students and others wishing to pursue a career in the Television Lighting Industry.
- Professional meetings are organized throughout the UK and abroad.
- Technical information together with News of members and their activities, are published in the Society's magazine.
- The Society has no union affiliations, and is therefore recognized as a valuable platform for open discussion and demonstration by Production, Management and Industry.
- The Society is financed by member's subscriptions and commercial sponsorship.
- The Society changed its name to The Society of Television Lighting and Design when it Incorporated the Society of TELEVISION LIGHTING DIRECTORS at its AGM in 2009.