News: More about BS 7909
Click here for a BS 7909 update
BS:7909, The Code of Practice for the “Design and installation of temporary distribution systems delivering AC electrical supplies for lighting, technical services and other entertainment related purposes.” Has been revised and has now been published.
This is a major revision and contains a significant number of changes, such as :
- An increase in the range of events that use temporary electrical distributions.
- Recognition of the range & quantity of electrical equipment, and the related staff that are hired in for a given event.
- The management of temporary electrical distributions.
- Temporary distributions have been split into “small/simple” or “large/complex” and are treated separately.
- The requirements and terminology of BS 7671: 2008 (The IEE wiring regulations 17th edition) have been adopted where appropriate.
- The annexes have been fully revised and new several new annexes have been added to give guidance and information on system earthing issues, testing and RCDs.
Price £180, £90 to BSi members
BS 7909:2008 Code of practice for temporary electrical systems for entertainment and related purposes
ISBN 978 0 580 59047 4
Available from BSi at these addresses:-
email: orders (at) bsigroup.com
phone: 020 8996 9001
fax: 020 8996 7001
And here's a Google search for more on BS7909.